Thursday, July 7, 2011

Greek Coffee

It's Thursday afternoon and thought I would make myself a cup of Greek Coffee. It takes a lot of paitent to make, but in the end the smell and the flavours are out of this world.

A greek coffee is a bit like being Greek itself. You mix everything together, put some fire under it and eventually you will get an amazing flavourism end product.

I recently lost my Gia Gia (greek for Grandma) who around easter died from cancer. She was always a big inspiration to me and helping me to identify myself as a Cretan Greek. Having a Greek partner I now have an almost adopted Gia Gia who insists on cooking a lot and like many Cretan Greeks brings the best hospitality.

Like my Gia Gia used to make Greek coffee in the morning, I make it to give me energy to head to the beaches and night clubs of Chania!




So when you read this Grab your kettle and make a nice cup of coffee or tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment